Woman Suing Airbnb Over Claims Her Husband Died After Going Inside A Contaminated Hot Tub

 Woman Suing Airbnb Over Claims Her Husband Died After Going Inside A Contaminated Hot Tub

Photo Credit: Airbnb

A woman is suing the popular home booking site, Airbnb for the alleged cause of death of her husband who she claims died after a dip inside a contaminated jacuzzi, The Sun reports. 

Sandra Bermingham, 54, is suing Airbnb for £1.2m after her husband Paul died just days after returning from the holiday home. The couple booked a two-week stay at the vacation home for their family in Gozo, Malta which is where Sandra claims her husband Paul was infected by their contaminated jacuzzi. She claims that her husband barely went into the jacuzzi because it was too cold. 

“Paul only went in the hot tub once on New Year’s Eve and he was in the water for a matter of seconds. The bacteria is airborne and I believe he was infected soon after he checked in to the farmhouse,”

she told the outlet. Days after they got back home Paul got extremely sick and was taken to the hospital where doctors put him into an induced coma. 

Unfortunately, he died two weeks after. His cause of death was ruled by a coroner as Legionella pneumonia. According to the outlet,

“Legionnaires’ disease is a serious lung infection which is caused by Legionella bacteria.”

Legionnaires can be spread through inhaling small droplets of infected water, not person to person. 

“Airbnb did not investigate this case and never offered any kind of support to my family. No compensation has been forthcoming and I am I on my own to obtain justice for what happened,”

Sandra asserted. 

#Clique, what are your thoughts?

Tatiana Tait

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Drop Us a Message

For other inquiries regarding itsonsitetv.com, please send us a message below.