Teenager Suffers From Severe Burns After Fire Haircut Sets Him Ablaze And Barber Fails To Contain Fire

 Teenager Suffers From Severe Burns After Fire Haircut Sets Him Ablaze And Barber Fails To Contain Fire


On October 27th, an unnamed 18-year-old went to a barbershop in Gujarat, India for a trending, but unconventional, haircut. Referred to as a “fire haircut,” hair stylists use a controlled fire instead of scissors to style a person’s hair. The teen’s hairdresser made the mistake of using the wrong chemicals, causing him to be set ablaze.

In the video, you can see the barber lighting a match and the young man’s head go up in flames. As the teen begins to panic, you can see the stylist trying to put out the fire with a comb and then a towel. Before the clip ends, he’s seen leaving the hairdresser’s chair and running out the front door.

The teenager was sent to a nearby hospital and was treated for severe burns on his neck and chest, as reported by The Tribune. He is expected to survive his injuries. Authorities say the incident is still under investigation but have instructed the public to not participate in the dangerous TikTok trend to prevent further injuries.

Breanna Torres

Breanna Torres is both an Onsite news writer, as well as a freelance writer, and is known as a social justice activist within the Black, LGBTQ+, and disabled communities. Born in Houston, Texas, she currently lives in Las Vegas, Nevada with her husband and 4 year old son. In her free time, you can find Breanna spending her day cooking and enjoying food, dancing, and playing video games.

Drop Us a Message

For other inquiries regarding itsonsitetv.com, please send us a message below.