The US Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service warns HelloFresh customers to throw away any ground beef shipped by the company after 6 people were hospitalized with E. Coli from eating the meat, per Insider.
According to reports, seven people reported being infected with the E. Coli strain O157:H7 between June 8 and August 17, after eating ground beef from the Hello meal kit. Only six were hospitalized. The Center for Disease Control says the cases came out of Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington.
The company no longer carries the product, therefore they weren’t required to issue a recall. However, the FDA and FSIS are doing their job to make sure customers don’t have leftover products in their freezers, telling consumers to throw away any 10-ounce vacuum-sealed packages of 85-percent-lean ground beef, which carry the label
This is not the first foodborne illness outbreak that HelloFresh has had. In 2019, the company recalled onions that were contaminated with Salmonella, according to the outlet. The company has since come out with a statement saying,
“the warning likely affects a very small portion of HelloFresh customers in the US,”
#Clique, what are your thoughts?