Phoenix Man Dies After Self-Medicating With Drug Donald Trump Endorsed

 Phoenix Man Dies After Self-Medicating With Drug Donald Trump Endorsed

Last week, Donald Trump said in a press conference that a “very powerful” drug was approved to treat coronavirus. Thing is, the drug has not been approved by the FDA to treat COVID-19 and now a Phoenix man is dead and his wife in critical condition after using it.

The drug in question, chloroquine, is typically used to treat malaria. The couple used it as a precaution against Coronavirus, but now health officials are urging others not to try the same tactic.

Trump’s enthusiastic yet incorrect endorsement of the drug caused a surge in interest with Americans. Trump told the press,

“It’s been around for a long time, so we know that if it—if things don’t go as planned, it’s not going to kill anybody.”

Dr. Daniel Brooks, Banner Poison and Drug Information Center medical director said,

“The last thing that we want right now is to inundate our emergency departments with patients who believe they found a vague and risky solution that could potentially jeopardize their health.”

Following Trump’s statement, the FDA was forced to make a statement saying:

“There are no FDA-approved therapeutics or drugs to treat, cure or prevent COVID-19.”

Carmen Roxanna

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.