Three middle schoolers are in the hospital after overdosing on fentanyl at school during gym class. One of them, a 13-year-old boy, is in critical condition, Daily News reports.
It happened about 10 AM Thursday at Sports and Medical Sciences Academy in Hartford, Connecticut. A boy fell unconscious, and a school nurse did CPR on him until a paramedic arrived and got his heart beating again.
The school was then placed on a “code yellow,” and students sheltered in place while drug dogs were deployed. Canines found bags of fentanyl in three locations on the campus.
These drugs are poison. And please, if you’re a parent, have that tough conversation with your child tonight,” Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin said of the incident.
Clique, say a prayer all three children recover!