Happy Meals are a kid’s favorite snack, especially those yummy McDonald’s chicken nuggets. But one little girl’s batch of nuggets came with a surprise—and it wasn’t a mini Barbie or Hot Wheels toy car.
Mother Laura Arber discovered a surgical mask baked inside her daughter’s chicken nuggets after she saw the 6-year-old choking while eating her McDonald’s meal. “My little daughter just started choking and I put my fingers down her throat to loop it out,” Arber told the BBC. “And the mask is cooked into it, like a part of the mixture and it’s clearly a mask. You can see the seam and his solid it is in there.”
The popular fast-food spot heard about the incident, prompting a spokesperson to release a statement saying, “We are very sorry to hear about this customer’s experience. Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections.”
Mickey D’s did offer Arber a full refund and asked her to return the item.